Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My world without my laptop.

I was sad when I realized I would be without my beloved laptop for a week or so. (too long a story to tell) I moped, paced, fumed, cried, laughed. Needless to say I was....lost. I write, it's my thing. I'm not that good at it...but I like to think I'm getting better.

I'm writing this on an app on my phone. It's not the same. I don't have tiny fingers. I tried to use my two yr olds fingers but it didn't work out. She's a wiggler. I miss my laptop. The hum when I turned it on. The sound of the keys against the silence of the house at night. My only companion when I release the stories in my head.

That being said, I've had some awesome reading done. I read John  Betcher's The Covert Element. It's a very well told story. A great story, I'll write a review when I'm whole again. I also read A Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster.  I'll have to write a post on that one also.. I'm at lost for words to describe it.

So the count down has started. Patience isn't one of my talents but reading seems to be placating me. I'm a survivor so I know I'll be okay. Until then, I'll be reading till my head is bobbing.

4 comments:

  1. AH! I have lost lap top access a few times. And, being a computer addict, it was VERY. HARD. I mean, you get by, and eventually start to find new addictions (like TV, which is less productive in my opinion) and sleep (which passes time quickly while waiting for a new computer to arrive) hehehe. But yeah, it stinks! I hope you have a computer again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is majorly hard to function without a laptop! I hate it when mine does something stupid like overheating itself!

    I love the background to your blog! I want to go to that place it looks brilliant!

    I found you on Book Blogs and am now following- any chance you could follow me back? If you feel so inclined :-P

    http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you fell because I was the same way. I am so glad that it is up and running and for now on I have my computor guy's number on speed dial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I'd be locked up without my laptop!


    Hi Becky!
    I'm visiting from Book Blogs. I'm following you now, here is my link to follow me back
    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete